Private Cape Peninsula Tour
With its combinations of scenic drives such as Chapmans peak, getting up close and personal with Africa’s very own penguins species, to of course standing at the most Southwestern corner of Africa, the iconic Cape of Good Hope, with its wonderful history, wildlife and wonder. Join us on our Private Cape Peninsula Tour.
- The breathtaking views of Clifton and Camps Bay as we head down the Cape Peninsula
- Take a boat ride to Seal Island from Mariner’s Wharf (Optional and own account)
- A scenic drive along the world-famous Chapman’s Peak Drive. (if open)
- Visit Simon’s Town and the African Penguins at the Boulders Penguin Colony.
- The Cape Point Nature Reserve and view the tip of Africa.
- Venture to the Cape of Good Hope.
- Option to end the day off at the Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens (time permitting and own account)
Cape Point, known as the “Cape of Storms” by the sea captain Dias in 1488. Many a ship lost its way and sank in the stormy waters of the Cape. During the day with blue sky it was a beautiful landmark but by night, treacherous. The coastline is famous for the amount of ships that sank in its waters.
In 1859 the first lighthouse was completed; it still stands at 238 meters above sea-level on the highest section of the peak and is now used as the centralized monitoring point for all the lighthouses on the coast of South Africa. Access to this historical building is by an exhilarating three-minute ride in the wheelchair-accessible Flying Dutchman funicular that transfers visitors from the lower station at 127 meters above sea-level, to the upper station.
Cape Point is in the Cape of Good Hope nature reserve within Table Mountain National Park, and forms part of the Cape Floral Region, a World Heritage Site. It includes the majestic Table Mountain chain, which stretches from Signal Hill to Cape Point, and the coastlines of the Cape Peninsula. This narrow stretch of land, dotted with beautiful valleys, bays and beaches, contains a mix of extraordinarily diverse and unique fauna and flora.
Weather permitting, we take a cable-way ride to the top of Table Mountain for an unforgettable experience. After spending some time on top of the mountain we will take the coastal road along the Atlantic Ocean, you will have the opportunity to view magnificent white and sandy beaches (Clifton; Camps Bay and Llandudno) and visit quaint seaside villages (Hout Bay & Noordhoek).
Rated as one of the most spectacular marine drives in the world, you cross Chapman’s Peak Drive experiencing breathtaking scenery and taking that photo at the best scenic spots. The road eventually leads us to the protected wildlife reserve, the Cape of Good Hope, with the highest sea cliffs and home to the 1 200 species of indigenous plants , various small mammals, antelope, zebras, and even South Africa’s largest bird – the ostrich. Catch a ride on the funicular at Cape Point and view the most south westerly tip of Africa.
We then take a slow drive along False Bay visiting and stopping at our leisure at the Penguin Colony Boulder”s Beach to view the African Penguin in its natural habitat. If time allows enjoy the naval atmosphere in Simon’s Town; stroll around the quaint shops and enjoy a fresh fish or a quick coffee in one of the sea view restaurants in Kalk Bay. Finally, take that last picture of the famous brightly colored bathing boxes in Muizenburg on our way back to Cape Town.
- Cape Point and Boulders entrances
- Chapman’s Peak toll
- Seal Island Boat Cruise @ R 100 pp*
- Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens @ R 75 pp*
- Duration: 8 to 9 hours
- Pick up time: +/- 8:30 am or depending on preference
- Languages: English
- Vehicle: Luxury Sedan, SUV or minibus
- This fully private tour ensures a leisurely experience at your own pace, allowing your private guide to remain totally flexible to your needs. Should you wish, your tour can also be customised to include other highlights.
- Cancellation fee of 100% if cancelled 14 days or less before departure
- Cancellation fee of 60% if cancelled 21 days or less before departure
- Cancellation fee of 50% if cancelled 28 days or less before departure