Private Shakaland Experience
Tour Duration – 9 Hours
At the specially created traditional Zulu village at Shakaland, we’ve laid on some traditional Zulu beer for you to sample while the craftsmen and community who make the spears, shields, beadwork, pots and huts, open their doors so you can witness their skills and artistry.
- Experience traditional Zulu Culture
- See some traditional Zulu dancers perform live
- Satisfying lunchtime feast
- Day in the life of a traditional community
This is more than just a tourist attraction – it is an enriching and vibrant cultural experience affording a better understanding of the Zulu people and their ancient customs. Shakaland is a cultural replication of a Zulu “Umuzi” or homestead, complete with 55 very comfortable beehive huts that overlook the Phobane Lake.
Here, visitors can participate in a traditional ceremony, learn Zulu customs, try traditional beer and enjoy energetic Zulu dancing. Immerse yourself in an authentic, vibrant South African culture at this Zulu village.
The Shakaland Zulu Cultural Village is a resort built amid thorn trees and aloes that was originally the set of the movie Shaka Zulu, which documented the life of the most influential leader of the Zulu empire, Shaka Zulu. isitors can choose between a three-hour midday tour programme, or, for a truly enriching experience affording a better understanding of the Zulu nation there is the two-day culture tour. This includes a video explaining the origin and history of the Zulu people, followed by an introduction to traditional Zulu social systems, fighting formations, the keeping of the home, the sangoma, the inyanga, beadwork, pottery, beer brewing and spear throwing.
- Shakaland entrance
- Items of a personal nature
- Duration: 8 to 9 hours
- Pick up time: +/- 8:30 am or depending on preference
- Languages: English
- Vehicle: Luxury Sedan, SUV or minibus
- Comfort of a Private Tour
- Cancellation fee of 100% if cancelled 14 days or less before departure
- Cancellation fee of 60% if cancelled 21 days or less before departure
- Cancellation fee of 50% if cancelled 28 days or less before departure
- BUS OR MINIVAN TOUR
- DAY TRIPS AND EXCURSIONS
- CULTURAL AND THEME TOURS
- EDUCATIONAL TOUR